Welcome to the In The Meantime BlogThis blog started almost 7 years ago. We have gone through several "faces" and stages including a failed experiment with vBulletin forum instead of a blog format. Right now we are revamping behind the scenes. This is "in the meantime" blog which is a WP template and very standardized widget areas. There is "stuff" missing that will be put back on the new blog like the link to classic posts. I'll let you guys know when we're about to transition and I will take whatever active threads there are with us to the new site (including the check-in thread.) Stay tuned!
Please LIKE us on Facebook!
Aromatherapy ProductsSleepy Hollow Soaps provides natural, hand-made products from healing essential oils for your head, heart and well-being.
Find us on YouTube
CopyrightAll content on this blog is the property of Susan J. Elliott, J.D., M.Ed. To use a post or a page, please contact SJE to obtain permission or excerpt the first few lines of a post and provide the author name AND a link BACK to this blog.
- bootcampbootcamp is underway and I still have people asking about it. I will let you in before the first assignment is posted (tomorrow!) But you have to let me know asap. I can’t keep postponing it as I have people … Continue reading →
- Stalking and PTSDRequested repostI’ve never written about stalking before though I’ve shared some of this with my clients and retreat/seminar/conference attendees. As most of you know, my speaking style is completely “off the cuff” and one reason why is my ability to … Continue reading →
- RegistrationBelieve it or not we have hundreds of registrations a day and 99 percent of them are from spammers! Please email me at sj_elliott AT verizon DOT net if you register and I will approve you. If you are not … Continue reading →
- 8/19 Check in ThreadHow is everyone doing?
- You must be logged in to view unread comments
Category Archives: recovery
One of the themes I find among my GPYB clients as well as the readers here who post and are not clients is that it is rare themselves credit for facing the truth about things, facing their own inner demons, … Continue reading
My apologies for the blog being down. Thank you to the readers who alerted me. It appears up now! I repost this now and again and based on comments, it might be time to run it again. Please think about … Continue reading
Setting and sticking to reasonable, healthy limits in all our relationships is a prerequisite to love and relationships that work. – Melody Beattie. As we say in GPYP seminars and workshops, you cannot have good, healthy relationships without personal boundaries. … Continue reading
One ship sails East, And another West, By the self-same winds that blow, Tis the set of the sails And not the gales, That tells the way we go. Like the winds of the sea Are the waves of time, … Continue reading
Grief is itself a medicine. ~ William Cowper Grief will happen either as an open healing wound or a closed festering wound, either honestly or dishonestly, either appropriately or inappropriately. But emotions will be expressed. ~ Elisabeth Kubler Ross When … Continue reading
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – MK Gandi When we are thinking positively and shunning the negative messages from ourselves and others, when we are communicating in “I” language … Continue reading
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.-Eleanor Roosevelt Never give it. – Marion Wright Edelman One of the markers of a small mind is to blame other people for what is going wrong. They not only blame … Continue reading
How can we tell someone to stop hurting us if we’re not sure it hurts? How can we identify it as inappropriate if that’s all we’ve ever lived with? To us, it’s normal. How can we know what we want … Continue reading
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. -M.K. Gandhi I’ve posted on this blog before that when I studied with John James of The Grief Recovery Institute, he had us do … Continue reading