Getting Past Your Breakup Blog
This blog started in November 2006. There are over 2000 articles written but, due to copyright issues and the terms of the GPYB and GBOT book contracts, approximately only 10 percent is here at any one time. If you want an article on a subject, please request it by emailing HERE with the subject line: GPYB Blog Post Request
Getting Past Your Breakup/Getting Back Out There
The ORIGINAL program in the 1990s was Getting Past Your Past. When I came back to teach it in NY, I found that not only had someone published a book of the same name but the author had the same name (and spelling) as me (how weird is that?) And she’s a Christian author and GPYB is decidedly secular. The program was changed to Getting Past Your Breakup.
Getting Past Your Breakup: How To Turn A Devastating Loss Into The Best Thing That Ever Happened To You is the first book, published in 2009.
Getting Back Out There: Secrets to Successful Dating and Finding Real Love After the Big Breakup is the second book, published in 2015.
ORDER GPYB and GBOT HERE
Getting Past Your Past: The Definitive Workbook to Emotional Healing, Health and Happiness V1 was published by GPYB Productions in 2013. V2 was updated in 2016 to include GBOT exercises and is only available via download from the website.
The workbook is being updated and is currently unavailable. V3 will be available early 2019.
• GBOT and GPYB are widely available at bookstores and on-line. They are available in paperback, electronically and in audio. For a list of worldwide availability and how to find in languages other than English CLICK HERE
How to Use the Books To Do The Work
Use THIS PAGE as a guide for doing the work with the books.
DOWNLOAD THE GPYP WORKBOOK
The workbook V3 is coming out in early 2019. V2 will be unavailable from 12/13/18 to the release of V3
FACEBOOK GROUPS AND PAGES:
- Join our GPYB Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GettingPastYourBreakup/
- Like our GPYB Facebook page: https://www.Facebook.com/GettingPastYourBreakup
- The GPYB Funnies Group is HERE
- The Navigating the Systems with the Personality Disordered Group is HERE
- The GPYP Workbook FB page is HERE
- The Mean Lady Talking Podcast Facebook page HERE
ALL the currently available videos are available HERE
• Follow GPYB on Twitter HERE
- The Mean Lady Talking Podcast Episodes are HERE (you can go to each episode’s Show Notes and then follow the podcast on your preferred platform or listen on the Show Notes page. Please remember to rate and review.)
- Follow the Mean Lady Talking Podcast on Twitter HERE
JANUARY BOOTCAMP INFORMATION
Email GPYB with subject line: “January BC”
NEWSLETTER and SPECIAL OFFERS!
Signup for our Newsletter HERE
BOOK A PHONE or VIDEO CALL APPOINTMENT FOR COACHING/COUNSELING WITH GPYB
To book a coaching or counseling session with GPYB go HERE
GPYB ON-LINE COURSES
New semester starts February 1. STAY TUNED!!!
GPYB Abbreviations / Sayings
GPYB Getting Past Your Breakup Program and Book (see above)
GBOT Getting Back Out There Book (see above)
GPYP Getting Past Your Past Program and Book (see above)
NC No Contact
DBOM Dawn Breaks Over Marblehead
Funnies Group (see above)
PD Group (see above)
MLT Mean Lady Talking (podcast)
MLTP Mean Lady Talking Podcast
“It Doesn’t Matter, It Doesn’t Matter, It Doesn’t Matter” – GPYB mantra – original to the GPYB program – originated in the post no longer available on the blog – but IS available in THIS video
Reject the Rejecter (also spelled Rejector) -(see below) GPYB mantra – original to the GPYB program – originated in the post no longer available on the blog – but IS available in THIS video and will be the NEXT book!
Wants To Be With Me originated in the post no longer available on the blog – but IS available in THIS video
The 3 a.m. person: GBOT concept – originally described in the GBOT book and the MLT podcasts
Grief As The Healing Feeling – title of Chapter in GPYB book – originated with John Bradshaw
“To find the right person, be the right person” ~ GPYB concept originated (we believe) with Earnie Larsen in his book Stage II Relationships
If nothing changes, nothing changes – tends to be a 12 step slogan – original source unknown (sometimes attributed to Earnie Larsen)
The “3 time rule” for setting boundaries – believed to have originated with Melody Beattie
You cannot take care of someone’s feelings and set a boundary at the same time – Melody Beattie
Everyone feels their pain at 100 percent. ~ John James (Grief Recovery Institute)
PERSONAL GRIEF JOURNEY BLOG: ROPE BURNS
• My journey through the love of my life’s illness and death: Rope Burns